Finding the Best Fundraising Program for Scout Units Part 1
February 26, 2017
Below are a couple of the questions, based upon the Boy Scout Fundraising Program Guidelines, that a Scouting leader may want to consider when choosing a fundraiser to help support the activities of their scouts.
- Does this fundraiser reflect scout values?
- Does it cover the need for items outside normal budget items?
- The ‘principle of value received’ is critical in choosing what to sell!
- Quality of product – Does it preserve the reputation of the name and goodwill of BSA
- Quality of program – It doesn’t involve soliciting for money, gambling, raffle tickets etc
As a leader, you want to select a fundraiser that will make your members proud to call themselves Scouts! The fundraiser should reflect core Scout values, give back to the community, such as reforestation efforts, be easy to sell and something everyone has heard of or can use, and that will set you up for years to come of successful fundraising.
Next Blog, we will touch more specifically on the fundraising program itself. Does it have a high profit margin, is it easy to sell? Those questions and more answered in Part 2 of – Finding the Best Fundraising Program for Scout Units!
In the time being check out our amazing line of products here – Products